Fitdigits is delighted to deliver a device that is the future for fitness fanatics- the Scosche Rhythm Plus.
The Plus, like the Rhythm before it, mounts on your forearm as opposed to your chest. The difference is, this puppy is Bluetooth Smart (also know as Bluetooth Low Energy and Bluetooth 4.0) compatible, meaning a range of up to 100 feet!
So I know the question that is undoubtably popping into your mind- how do I pair this bad boy with my device? On to the nitty gritty:
- Make sure you have a Bluetooth Low Energy Compatible Device. This includes iPhone 4s / 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad 3 / 4 / 5 / Mini & iPod Touch 5
- Strap your charged Rhythm smart onto your forearm, and turn it on by pushing and holding down the middle “S” button
- Turn Bluetooth ON. Either go to the Settings App -> Bluetooth -> ON, or swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap the Bluetooth” symbol to illuminate it and turn Bluetooth ON.
- Open your Fitdigits app and go to Settings (in version 8.0 use the side menu) -> My Sensors. Under Heart Rate Monitors, Swipe Bluetooth Smart to ON. The sensor should be found shortly after that.
You are now paired! Just begin a workout and you are good to go!
- Make sure you have a Bluetooth Low Energy Compatible Device. This includes most devices running OS 4.3 or above. For more details, check out our Android Bluetooth Low Energy Compatibility Guide.
- Strap your charged Rhythm plus onto your forearm, and turn it on by pushing and holding down the middle “S” button
- Turn Bluetooth ON. Go to Android Settings -> Bluetooth -> ON.
- Open the Fitdigits app, and go to Settings -> My Sensors -> Heart Rate Monitor
- Tap “Pair Bluetooth Low Energy HRM” -> Scan Devices. You should see an option that says “Scosche_HRM”. Tap on this option
You are now paired. Just begin a workout and you are good to go!
9 thoughts on “Pairing Your Scosche Rhythm Plus with Fitdigits”
Still reads not connected via Bluetooth on my iPhone 5
Worked like a charm.
app will not recognize
app will not recognize my new rhythm smart+. I had an older version, just bought a new one and it won't recognize the unit.
I figured it out. I needed to delete the old sensor from the app and then connect the new one.
I am unable to pair with my Nexus 5 running Android L with Rhythm+
LG G2 running Android 4.4 not finding the Rhythm+
It works perfectly with other BLE compatible apps (MapMyRun) for example. I am using the free version of the app because I wanted to verify it worked with my sensor, glad I didn't spring for it. Might try the paid app to see if that fixes it — Google guarantess a 24 hour refund window on apps.
Did you get it working? I hooked it up to the bluetooth but its recognized in the Digifit app.
I cant hook up I have been through all your suggestions & nothing it comes back scan complete with a big tick but no HR monitor is on the App. I have a Scosche Rhytham +