One of the cool things about Fitbit Activity Trackers, is they also track lack of activity, otherwise known as sleep. If you have a Fitbit One (or other Fitbit tracker that can record sleep), it is pretty easy to track your ZZZ’s:
- Place the tracker into the slot on your wristband and wrap the wristband around your non-dominant wrist.
- Once you are in bed and ready to fall asleep, press and hold the tracker’s button for 2+ seconds. You will see a stopwatch and the other icons blink, indicating that you are in sleep mode.
- When you wake up, hold the button down for 2+ seconds to stop the sleep recording. Your tracker’s icons will stop blinking to indicate you’ve exited sleep mode.
- Once you exit sleep mode, your Fitbit One will resume displaying your daily totals.
- Sleep records will show up on your Fitbit Dashboard the next time you sync your tracker. Last night’s sleep will appear on today’s page. Graphs on your Dashboard will reveal how long you slept and the number of times you woke up. Over time, you can apply what you learn to help you sleep more soundly.
For quite some time Fitdigits has synced Fitbit sleep data to My.Fitdigits, but now the sleep data will sync right into your Fitdigits app! Just link your Fitbit account with Fitdigits, and then perform a sync. Once you have done so, you will be able to view your Fitbit sleep data in the app under Health -> Sleep Tracker.
Start recording and tracking your sleep with Fitbit and Fitdigits today!