#1 Issue – Low Battery
Test the battery, and if necessary replace it. Low battery can cause strange data including abnormally high or low readings. Within our app, after changing the battery, you will need to trash the sensor and pair again. If battery replacement does not fix your issue, try the following tips:
Polar H7 or Other BLE (Bluetooth Smart / Bluetooth Low Energy / Bluetooth 4.0) Compatible Heart Rate Monitor
- Paired With Another iPhone : Make sure no other iPhone is currently connected and communicating with your BLE heart rate monitor. If the heart rate monitor is paired with another iPhone, you will not be able to use the HRM
- Close Other Paired Apps: If there are any other apps on your iPhone that are communicating with your BLE heart rate monitor, terminate them. The HRM will only be able to pair with one fitness app at a time.
- Lots More Tips:
Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor
- Positioning: Align the remote control pad on the inside of your forearm and the pulse sensor pad on the outside of your forearm. Make sure the HRM is turned on, you should see a flashing blue-red or blue-blue light on the device. Blue blue flashing is connected.
- Lots More Tips: Troubleshooting Your Scosche Rhythm+ or Mio BLE Heart Rate Monitor.
- See here for notes on the old Scosche Rhythm and myTrek
Foot Pod (iOS)
- Activate: Tap your foot in a running motion to activate the foot pod.
- Installation: Ensure the arrow on the foot pod is facing your toes.
Speed and Cadence Sensors (iOS)
- Activate: Rotate the pedals a few times to activate the sensor before pairing
- Choose Sensor: If you are using a Spin Bike make sure you are using a Cadence Sensor. For an outdoor bike, use a Speed and Cadence Senso
- Installation: Proper installation including positioning of your spoke and pedal magnet as well as the arm distance from spokes is very important.
Note: It has been reported that some HRMs, such as the Wahoo TICKR belt, might have issues due to the belt having both cadence and heart rate. Trying to pair cadence sensor after pairing the HRM caused trouble. The solution was to pair the cadence sensor first, then the heart rate monitor.
If you are still experiencing difficulty, please contact Customer Support